Video

Sunday, June 27, 2010

The Next Retail Differentiation; Space Branding

Last Sunday, I took some time off to visit some of the retail stores including, Reliance Fresh, and Big Bazaar. I just wanted to know what are the key factors which makes or breaks the retail brand. My experience at those stores gives me the following insight:

Lack of Space and lack of knowledge about 3d space branding: In a mission to increase the presence what really missed by the two giants are the space available within the stores. I guess both Reliance Fresh, and Big Bazaar took 3D Branding in the back seat. It was so crowded and to even to move the trolley from one place to other was herculian task for me. It felt like a Mandi to me.

3Dimensional Branding, is one of the most important part of the 360 Degree Brand concept. In the present circumstances I believe that if there is a new player which wants to compete either with Reliance Fresh, or BigBazzar then it should take 3d Space branding as the differentiator.

Retailer's should think if the brand will be their home then what it would look like. STOP THINKING ABOUT WHERE YOUR BRAND SHOULD LIVE. Start thinking about how to get people to live your brand. Marketer's should begin by creating spaces where consumers feel just as happy to stop by as to buy. Where the point of sale has a point of view. Where the purchase path actually gives people a reason to walk in.

I know what I'm writing here contradicts the belief of Mr.Kishore Biyani, who once said Indian customers love to do shopping in an environment which is crowded. A crowded place gives the middle class Indian customer a sense of belongingness .

I really dont think so. I believe that the real brand strategy is to challenge this belief and make the behavior pattern of the middle class customers change.

No comments:

Post a Comment